About Me

This is my attempt to chronicle my journey from one edge of this country to the other; my 8,000 mile adventure from Alaska to North Carolina. Having woken up each day of the last 5 years in a place that most only ever dream of seeing, I am forever changed by the experiences those years have brought my way; the people I have met, the places I have been, and the images of pristine beauty that are forever burned into my memory.

Where I'm Headed!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Should have known...


Last night we had a good nights rest in the Oregon Dunes KOA, and a lovely 12 minute shower this morning. So we mapped out our days travels, knowing it would be around 400 miles to our destination. We left camp at 10 am and it was pretty overcast. Overcast quickly turned in to rain. Rain quickly turned into Monsoon. Monsoon continues as we speak here at Midnight here in Cali. Had my wipers on high 75% if of the 13 hour drive today. It was quite miserable. Not only that, but we have grown to dislike Oregon, and now California, at least thus far. We are thinking Nevada may be as interesting as these last couple states have been. At this point, we dislike a lot of things, including, but not limited to: all things named Fort Bragg (yes, we had an ordeal at McDonalds in Fort Bragg, California), 100 mile winding roads where maximum speed is 35 mph, deer looming on roadsides, field mice, redwoods, sneaker waves in the Pacific Ocean, winding roads, Dionne Warwick (Whitney's aunt),Gualala, and winding roads. So 400 miles should have taken about 8 hours max, but thanks to winding roads, the monsoon and Dionne Warwick it took 13 (half hour of that was driving around KOA trying to find a tent site). We did enjoy our lunch today, mainly cause we like food. That was in Bandon, Oregon when it was falling a flood. We hit Eureka, Cali at rush hour and we didn't so much enjoy that. I had a guy repeatedly flash his brights at me from behind because I wasn't going fast enough on the winding, wet, leave covered, deer and field mice infested road. I wasn't very happy with him and let him know that. Rachel wished him Assne. You can direct all questions regarding Assne to her. So you have guessed it by now, we are delirious and are upset cause the laundry room, arcade and the spa here at KOA are closed. However, our beds inside this cozy little car are calling our names. We must get a good night's sleep so that we may again attempt to tackle these winding, wet, leave covered, deer and field mice infested roads. Hopefully the sun'll come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there will be sunshine...

PS. Rachel and I have decided to never ride together in car for more than a couple hours over any given period of time due to the fact that things seem to go awry each and every time (if anyone remembers our outing to the Outer Banks some number of years ago, showering under an RV Dump...)

PSS. Blackforest (aka Dave), I miss you man. Rachel has found a new broom here in Cali. It is eco-friendly and she will be flying home soon. Thanks for your concern! You can keep that one as backup.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Laura

Alas you do remember me. I'm surprised that you and Rachel lasted this long together. I know the gesture she'll make when she reads this. Look it's a bird. My boss has been keeping me busy. You know how bosses are.LOL The horses are waiting for you to train them. I have to go now but I'll write you later.

Take care
Dave

Ps my e-mail is csdcomputers@verision.net

Dave said...

Rachel

What is ASSNE? I know you probably called me that before. Try not to kill each other.

Dave

Dave said...

Laura I ment csdcomputers@verizon.net