About Me

This is my attempt to chronicle my journey from one edge of this country to the other; my 8,000 mile adventure from Alaska to North Carolina. Having woken up each day of the last 5 years in a place that most only ever dream of seeing, I am forever changed by the experiences those years have brought my way; the people I have met, the places I have been, and the images of pristine beauty that are forever burned into my memory.

Where I'm Headed!

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Guess where!


OK, so we have made it back to the US of A. We arrived to Seattle last night, just in time to pick up Rachel from the airport. It was tough making enough room in my car for her to squeeze in, but we managed. I've been missing for a couple days on here, surprise, surprise! I managed to post a few pics in 100 Mile House (yes, that's the name of a town in BC) but didn't jot down our whereabouts, etc. We ended up staying at the Ramada in there in 100 Mile. We left ourselves with about 370 miles to reach Seattle- so not too terrible for the last day through Canada. Crossing the border took a while, but it was rather pain-free other than the weekend traffic from BC to the great ol state of Washington! I gave my car a rest today as we decided to take the Metro Bus into Seattle for the day (it's about a 20 mile trip from where we are staying). I'm sure my car appreciated the breather. We spent virtually all day in Seattle doing the whole touristy thing (picture camera around my neck, jacket tied around waste, the whole nine!). Went to the Pike Place Market, rode the monorail to the Space Needle and then mom and Rachel when into the Experience Music Project. I didnt feel it necessary to go in there a second time so I dinked around taking pictures and what not. I am exhausted from all the walking around but really needed to do laundry so I am sitting around waiting for that to get done. Mom and Rachel should be asleep right now, and hopefully I will be joining them soon. Mom gets on the plane tomorrow and Rachel and I head to Oregon. Hopefully I will get to meet up with and visit with a long lost pal of mine! I think Mom has enjoyed the weeks excursions but I'm pretty sure she could stand to never ride in my car again! My computer only has 10 minutes of juice left, so I should post this already and quit my ramblin. Here's a pic from the day. Hopefully I'll get some more up soon. Adios.

No comments: