About Me

This is my attempt to chronicle my journey from one edge of this country to the other; my 8,000 mile adventure from Alaska to North Carolina. Having woken up each day of the last 5 years in a place that most only ever dream of seeing, I am forever changed by the experiences those years have brought my way; the people I have met, the places I have been, and the images of pristine beauty that are forever burned into my memory.

Where I'm Headed!

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Ahhh, Showers!


So our adventures yesterday only seemed to get more interesting, but the night ended on such a good note. After having been denied showers essentially at three locations, we ended up at a rest area. We decided we wanted to simply wash our hair. We opened up the unused shower in a bag and filled it up. Got plenty of looks doing that- if they only knew what was to come! We proceeded to go out back behind the building and took turns holding the bag of water up so that each of us could wash our hair. We were alone at first, but two people decided they wanted to picnic at the table right in plain view of us- and yes, there were plenty of others for them to choose! Oh well, they didn't look like the rest area rent-a-cops so we carried on (just waiting to here, YOU CAN'T SHOWER HERE!"). By far we were the biggest freak shows there, or at least until that couple began to walk their cats on the leash. We no longer felt like we were to be the most talked about so we finished up and headed on to Eugene. My friend Matt, who I hadn't seen in quite some time, was there waiting. It was so very good to catch up with him and the three of us had a nice dinner at a gourmet pizza place. After dinner, we parted our separate ways and Rachel and I ad quite the time trying to get out of that place. Our destination was here in Coos Bay and it was quite the winding drive. We had hoped to make it further, but we also didn't want to drive a majority of the coastal highway in the dark, cause after all we are coming this way so that we can enjoy the views! Today we have a long haul- to Manchester, California (about 400 miles)- home to another KOA and guaranteed, hassle-free shower! Oh, and no one waking us up in the night! I will post pics tonight and hope to write more. We are usually exhausted by the time we get where we're going!! Adios for now.

No comments: