About Me

This is my attempt to chronicle my journey from one edge of this country to the other; my 8,000 mile adventure from Alaska to North Carolina. Having woken up each day of the last 5 years in a place that most only ever dream of seeing, I am forever changed by the experiences those years have brought my way; the people I have met, the places I have been, and the images of pristine beauty that are forever burned into my memory.

Where I'm Headed!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Tar.... Heels....

I get so frustrated reading CNNSI. At least after watching UNC performances. I mean I'm no basketball genius, but really. Watching Tennessee and Louisville go at it, it's not far removed from watching the homies go at it up at the Tank Park (Mini Park Crew if you will) back in the day. Chaotic, out of control, bitch fest having games. Where on 90% of the possessions, no more than 3 team players touch the ball. 9 steals with quite some time left in the first half? Seriously? Half of those could have been considered offensive spin moves gone bad- unforced errors if you will. Not steals. Sloppiness. I hate watching Tennessee play. There is no rhythm to the games- do they have a point guard? A half-court offense? I don't know. Luckily Lousiville beat them out. Thought just for the record, the Memphis-Tennessee game was the worst game of the entire season that I have watched. Tennessee won, to gain the No. 1 national ranking, only to have it revoked by Vanderbilt the following game. Sweet. Back to my original point, they say Louisville and Tennessee are two of the most athletic and well balanced fronts any team will see. I highly doubt that. I watch UNC play a tough WSU team who boasts the No. 2 scoring defense in the nation. They held Hansbrough to 0 field goals in first half and but two free-throws. Both unusual statistics indeed. However, Danny Green threw in for 12 points after being all but useless in the first two rounds. That's just how they work. It doesn't matter if Hansbrough is 0-35, someone will step up. Whether it's Thompson and Stepheson going 13-13 or Ginyard dishing out 4 assists (most likely to the contributing Green) and no turnovers, someone will be there. Count on it. Thomas too- 4 assists and no turnovers while the 'incredible' Lawson had 0 assists and two turnovers. I'm just running my mouth. I'm glad Carolina seems to get no respect. I would't have it any other way. Hopefully they're saying Louisville has a real shot at beating us. Carolina: 289 Opponents: 198 Go heels.

No comments: